Saturday, October 2, 2010

Meditation reflection

For my time of meditation, I went into the guest bedroom and sat on the bed there. The room has a very nice view over the city of Seoul and is very peaceful and quiet. As I sat in the room I just looked over the city and tried to forget about everything going on around me. When I closed my eyes and tried to think about obtaining right mindfulness, right thoughts and right concentration but it was a lot harder than I expected. There were a lot of random noises that I would hear and they would distract me from obtaining right concentration. It was hard to really distinguish which thoughts would be considered “right thoughts.” A lot of the time I would get distracted by thoughts about what I was going to do tomorrow, how much fun I had yesterday, and a lot of thought went towards things I had to do for school. I couldn’t get my mind concentrated enough on figuring out any of life’s truths. As for inspiration, I guess I was inspired to get a head start on some other homework due this week, but I wouldn’t really call that a great inspiration, it mainly came to me because I figured I wanted an easier week this week. The main problem I have with meditation is disciplining myself to having a hundred percent focus on concentration, right speech, and right thought. The whole experience was very relaxing however despite my mind wandering about randomly going from thought to thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment